Advanced Podcast Show Notes include all features of our Basic Show Notes, PLUS a featured image tailored for your website specs, 3 Tweetables, 2 SEO optimized images for the body of the notes, 3 custom social media images, and an audiogram.
Advanced SHOW NOTES SAMPLE:
Events in our lives are what shape us and make us who we are. In this episode, I share a heartfelt true story that shook my faith to its core. I begin with an excerpt from my book that is really the story that made me who I am today. I also talk about how this story is the basis for my course This Sucks… But God Is Good.
This story is about my struggles trying to get pregnant and stay pregnant, and one of the sweetest and holiest Christmas mornings that I had ever had. This is the story of an experience that shook my faith to its core, and how David reminded me that our faith is all that we have ever known.
You can find Melissa here:'I knew him to be worth serving even when it sucked.' -Melissa Radke Click To Tweet
- [01:02] I share an excerpt from my upcoming book that is the story of what made me who I am today.
- [10:25] When my faith was shaken to its core, and I was ready to be done. David said, “we can’t, he’s all we’ve ever known.”
- [11:09] How this podcast episode was originally intended to be about my best friend preparing for her spring wedding.
- [11:29] A glitch in the original recording, made me realize that I had to share the story that has made me who I am today.
- [12:05] My children are my Purple Heart. They are the rewards that I got after my war was over.
- [12:23] This is the story that I want to tell the world. I’m going to tell that story to you today.
- [13:00] I started writing my story down about a year ago.
- [13:26] I wrote the story down in the form of a course. Today, somewhere between 1500 and 2000 women have taken my course entitled This Sucks… But God Is Good.
- [13:50] I had to apologize to my mom for the title, but it came from an article I wrote several years ago where I said that everyone who has suffered from infertility should wear a shirt that says This Sucks… But God Is Good.
- [14:35] Broken and hurting people are walking around everywhere, and we don’t even know it.
- [15:11] I began to write down the things that I learned through the process of being angry, hating, learning, watching, and needing him.
- [16:27] What I’m teaching isn’t your typical bible study. There are a lot of pop culture references mixed in.
- [16:47] I’m just a woman like you who wanted a child.
- [17:20] This course may go down as the craziest thing I’ve ever done.
- [17:38] It will be the thing that I’m the most proud of other than raising those kids.
- [18:13] We talk about bible stories. We talk about how I got pissed off at the “no” I was getting from God.
- [18:29] We talk about clenching our fists and holding tightly to the things we think we must have.
- [18:59] You don’t get homework every week, instead you get heart work.
- [19:46] We have many hurting women who took the course. Women whose husbands have left them for someone they thought was a friend.
- [20:11] We have women who have been hurt in all kinds of ways taking the course.
- [20:31] We also have women who have done the hurting taking the course.
- [23:22] Everyone has a story. What is the story you are carrying around? Maybe you have been carrying it around for so long you don’t even remember what it was.
- [23:53] I want to help you get to whatever is at the core of your issue. I want to help you get rid of whatever is poisoning you.
- [24:29] There is only one person who can do that for you. He did it for me. The problem is sometimes we are angry at him.
- [25:21] It’s time to stop running and stop blaming.
- [26:00] I have two beautiful healthy children. God never turned his back on me.
- [27:08] This week, I just have to talk about what was in my heart.
- [27:43] This is a six week course that you can do in the privacy of your own home, your desk, or wherever you are at. You can do it at your own pace.
- [31:35] You can be whole. You can be put back together and be better than you were before.
Thanks for joining us on Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes and leave a nice review. Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources:
- Podcast Web Page
- Facebook Page
- @MsMelissaRadke on Instagram
- @msmelissaradke on Twitter
- This Sucks… But God Is Good (online course) 20% Discount Code: Limping
- Beth Moore
- Lisa Harper
SOCIAL MEDIA SAMPLES CREATED FOR THIS EPISODE: