Q: What is Pro Podcast Solutions?
A: Pro Podcast Solutions is one of the most experienced podcast production companies available to you. We’ve been podcasting since 2008 and producing great-sounding audio longer than that. We understand the equipment and how to make the most of it. Most of all, we understand that you want to focus on creating content. Editing audio is time consuming. We’re here to help. We let you do what you do best. Just leave the technical stuff to us.
Q: How does the process work?
A: The process begins by filling out the quick form on our Get Started page. We’ll then get back with you within two business days to set up a consultation. During the consultation you’ll be able to tell us about you, your podcast, the goals for your podcast, and any other info that you think we should know. We’ll discuss our services and answer any questions you have.
If you’re looking for ongoing podcast production, we’ll set up a Dropbox folder for you to upload your raw-audio files. We’ll edit that episode for you at no charge so that you get a full understanding of the quality of our work.
Once you sign up for our services, we get to work! If you’re a brand-new podcaster, we set up a punch list tailored specifically for you and your podcast goals. We identify the items needed to launch your podcast and establish a launch plan.
If you’re an existing podcaster, we set up a schedule and checklist for each podcast episode. We set up a Dropbox folder on our server so that you can send us raw-audio files. Once the raw-audio files have been edited by our team, we send them to you or prepare them for publishing on your media host (e.g. Libsyn) or website. If you prefer, we can even publish the episodes for you.
Quite simply, once we establish your publishing plan, all you have to do is send us your raw-audio files. We can take care of the rest!
Q: Why not just do it myself?
A: You can, and we recognize that many podcasters do just that. However, we know how important your time is. You have your own business and clients to serve. You have listeners to engage with. You have your family that enjoys having you around. You have ideas that you want to explore or books you want to read.
You can spend your time learning all the technical details of editing your podcast and then spend time each week sitting at your computer being a part-time audio engineer, or you can focus on what you do best, and let us do what we do best.
When you let us do what we do best, you’re entrusting your podcast to a team that has produced thousands of podcast episodes and helped launch well over 100 different podcasts.
Q: What services does Pro Podcast Solutions offer?
A: Pro Podcast Solutions offers the most robust selection of services that you will find. Our services include:
- Professional podcast editing and audio production. This includes:
- Editing out “ums,” stammering, long or awkward silence, heavy breaths, smacking, background noise, hums or hissing, “you know” and other crutch phrases, vocal balancing, vocal compression, and equalization.
- Custom podcast-artwork design
- Vocal & music intros and outros for your podcast
- Website configuration for podcasting. This includes:
- Installing and properly configuring the PowerPress or Smart Podcast Player plug-in, configuring Libsyn or Blubrry hosting, designing a podcast page on your website, submitting your podcast to iTunes and Stitcher, and setting up subscription links on your website.
- Equipment advice. Not sure what equipment you need? Want to get the best equipment for your budget (no matter the size)? Confused on how to connect everything together? Let us help!
- Transcription. We offer professional, grammatically accurate transcription at very competitive rates. We also provide downloadable PDFs of each transcript if you want them.
- One-on-one consulting. Whether you are experiencing a technical issue, need advice on how to get started, need tips on what to do to improve your current podcast, or need assistance with engaging your audience, we can help.
- Voiceovers. Do you have a voiceover project that’s not podcast related? No problem. Our team of professional voiceover talent is ready to help you with any voiceover project.
Q: How much does it cost for your services?
A: Pro Podcast Solutions offers a variety of services with varying costs. All of our pricing is available on our Podcast Production Services page. We offer three levels of podcast production packages and a la carte pricing for most of our other services. There are no additional setup fees or hidden costs.
Q: How quickly are episodes edited and published?
A: Depending on which service you choose, our turnaround time is either 2 or 3 business days. However, we recommend that our clients submit their raw-audio recordings to us at least one week before the episode needs to be published. We will then produce the audio; prepare show notes, artwork, and transcripts (if applicable); and prepare everything for approval.
NOTE: Our transcription service requires at least 48 hours (excluding weekends). Rush service is available for an additional fee.
Q: Do I have to sign up for a monthly plan?
A: If you’re looking for on-going podcast production, yes. We have structured our monthly packages to offer you the best variety of services. However, it is possible to sign up for any of our monthly packages and then add most of our additional services a la carte.
If you have a one-time project, audio-book recording, or other specialized project, we can help you with that, too.
Q: What if I don’t have a podcast yet?
A: We have helped launch over 100 podcasts, and we can help you launch yours, too! We will consult with you to determine the best equipment, launch strategy, identify your target audience, narrow down your niche, and guide you through every step in launching your podcast.
Q: Is Pro Podcast Solutions the same as Golden Spiral Media?
A: Yes and no. We are the same production team that has been offering professional production and consulting since 2012. However, we now moved our production and consulting services out of Golden Spiral Media and formed Pro Podcast Solutions. With that move, we’ve added even more services for our clients, and Golden Spiral Media is able to focus solely on expanding the Golden Spiral Media podcast network.